Veterinary and Rehabilitation Center of Cape Elizabeth offers exams in our hospital as well as in your home. Consider a house call if you aren't able to get to our office or the trip is too stressful for your pet.
Wellness exams are the cornerstone of preventive medicine.
We routinely see puppies and kittens for 3 exams at approximately 2, 3 and 4 months old. After their first year of life, annual exams are recommended for healthy animals. As a dogs and cats enter their golden years (approximately 8 years and older), we recommend biannual exams. The following areas are investigated by our doctors during exams, particularly when presented with the illnesses and symptoms in parentheses.
- Ear, Eye, Nose and Throat (conjunctivitis, ear infections)
- Dental and Oral (Periodontal disease, oral trauma and infection)
- Lymph nodes (infection and neoplasia)
- Heart and Lungs (coughing, sneezing, lack of energy, fainting)
- Digestive (vomiting, diarrhea)
- Urinary (changes in urination and/or thirst)
- Skin (allergies, itching, poor coats, infections, hair loss, external parasites)
- Bones and Muscles (lameness, arthritis, injuries)
- Brain and nerves (seizures, changes in behavior, changes in movement)