Who Benefits from Rehabilitation?
Pets benefit from rehabilitation much as humans benefit from physical therapy. Rehabilitation helps pets recover from injury or surgery, regain and maintain mobility and decrease pain. It is also helpful to keep pets mentally focused, lose weight and to stay in shape over the long, cold winter! This type of physical therapy is never painful and dogs who get rehab here always have fun!
With rehab, pets can maintain strength as they age and prevent injury during times of inactivity. Some common conditions we work with include:
- Intervertebral Disk Disease
- Lack of physical fitness due to weight or age
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Bicipital Tendon Synovitis
- Iliopsoas Injuries
- Pre and Post surgical recovery
- Neurologic conditions
- Fibrocartilagenous Embolism
- Traumatic or Progressive Paralysis
- Joint Contractures
- Pain Management (acute or chronic)
- Patella luxations
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament tears and strains